I have to admit this post is more like an error report than recipe sharing. This was actually the first macaron recipe I tried to create: some strawberry macarons with grounded dried strawberries. One thing I didn’t like about my pistachio macarons was that they were too sweet, so I lowered the sugar content in my strawberry macarons, neglecting the fact that adequate amount of sugar is essential for the structure of the shells.
So in my first go I got all these cracked shells with no feet at all; the shells, after resting for more than 40 minutes and blow drying with a hair dryer, still felt a bit sticky when I touched them. Now I understand that it had something to do with the sugar content.